Oluce Tito Agnoli 387 Floor Lamp
Classic 1954 Edition with Matte Nickel-Plated Diffuser
Oluce, imported from Italy
Our favorite floor lamp is Tito Agnoli's minimalist
387 Floor Lamp (also known as the Agnoli Standard Lamp), designed in 1954. Brilliant in its simplicity, this Italian floor lamp is a modernist masterpiece of mid 20th century lighting design.
Its purist and elegant silhouette combines form with function in a way that few other floor lamps have ever achieved.
The 387 model, always know simply as "Agnoli 387 Lamp" after
its designer, is one of the oldest items currently in the Oluce catalog.
An absolute forerunner of minimalism, the Agnoli floor lamp takes the
extraordinary "Cornalux" or "hammerhead" bulb, capable of directing the light in a highly precise manner,
mounting it onto a sliding tube on a stem. The Agnoli lamp has a sophisticated thick Italian travertine
base: another element in which simplicity and functionality are transformed into poetry.
The Tito Agnoli 387 Floor Lamp is referenced in
Repertorio Del Design Italiano 1950-2000 per L'arredamento Domestico by Gramigna, Giuliana, Vol. 1, Torino 2003, S. 39.
The Oluce Tito Agnoli 387 Floor Lamp provides direct illumination.
The base of the lamp is a circular block of Italian Travertine stone.
Its height adjustable reflector is finished with a matte nickel-plated lacquer.
The steel stem is slender and minimalist.
Category: Modern Lighting, Lamps, Floor Lamps
Dimensions: 74.9" Height x 6.7" Wide
Materials: Steel, Travertine
Light Source: 1 x max 75W - B22 (included)
Style: Italian, Modern, Modernist, Minimal
Award: Modern Design Icon Award (moderndesign.org)
Oluce Product Code: 387
1. Lowest Price Guarantee on this product.
2. Free shipping, includes insurance and tracking.
3. No added sales tax except for CA residents.
FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE US!
Usually ships in 5-10 business days.
(1931) was born into an Italian family, in Lima, Peru, in 1931.
He came to Italy after the war. Trained as a painter (having studied with Sironi), in 1949 he enrolled in the Faculty of Architecture, where he graduated in 1959 and was assistant to Gio Ponti and to Carlo De Darli.
However, even in the early 1950s, he was already carrying out an intense professional activity in the field of design.
He has created projects for, among others, Arflex, Cinova, Lema, Matteo Grassi, Molteni, Montina, Oluce, Pierantonio Bonacina, Poltrona Frau, Schiffini, Ycami.
Several times recommended for the Compasso d'Oro (Golden Compass) Award, in 1986 he won the gold medal at the Neocon in Chicago.
Some of his pieces are kept in the permanent collection of the MoMa in New York.